WERC’s Professional Pathways Training Program –
FROM WERC TO WORK
Have you hit a wall with your job search? Do you need a computer refresher course? Nervous about job interviewing? We can help!
Job searching can be exhausting, overwhelming, and frustrating. We know! WERC is the coach you need to help you train the right way. We’ll show you the best tricks & tips happening today to help you LAND your dream job!
For over 30 years WERC has helped women successfully enter the local workforce by providing specialized training programs and one-on-one personal assistance. We invite you to join us in our friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We are proud of our success rate — 80% of our graduates are employed within 6 months of completing this course! And there’s no charge for any of our services!
One of the training programs we offer is the 5 week in-depth Professional Pathways: FROM WERC TO WORK program. Our upcoming class is:
DATE: October 15 through November 16 (Monday – Thursday)
TIME: From 9:15 AM to 2:00 PM
The topics we cover include:
- Computer and Microsoft Office training: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- The latest trends in resume & cover letter writing
- Essential & proactive job searching and interview preparation – Before, During & After
- Strengthening your transferable and soft skills
- How to give your best first impression
- Customer service training that works!
- Problem Solving and Time Management strategies
- Guest speakers covering top career topics
- Individualized follow-up assistance with your job search
Culminating with a graduation ceremony with certificates, and a networking event with top area business professionals!
NEW BONUS SESSION:
In partnership with the Workforce Development Board, WERC will prepare you for a career trek that has the potential to pay $20 to $30 an hour! This certified program will qualify you for coveted apprenticeship positions with local manufacturers!
To sign up or learn more about the From WERC To WORK training, please call our office at 315-793-9700.
A few things to note:
- A graduation ceremony – including a Certificate of Completion and gift card – will take place upon successful completion of the course.
- You must register for the workshop by calling our office.
- If you have not used our services in the past 3 months, you may need an appointment with staff prior to taking this workshop. Please call well in advance so we can schedule this appointment.
- You must be able to attend the entire training to participate.
Don’t see the training you need? Call us! We can get you started by scheduling one-on-one sessions and individual coaching on topics such as computer skills, resumes and interview skills.